Job Duties and Tasks for: “Retail Loss Prevention Specialist”
1) Implement or monitor processes to reduce property or financial losses.
2) Investigate known or suspected internal theft, external theft, or vendor fraud.
3) Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes.
4) Conduct store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies.
5) Direct work of contract security officers or other loss prevention agents.
6) Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages.
7) Inspect buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
8) Maintain documentation or reports on security-related incidents or investigations.
9) Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
10) Perform covert surveillance of areas susceptible to loss, such as loading docks, distribution centers, or warehouses.
11) Prepare written reports on investigations.
12) Recommend new or improved processes or equipment to reduce risk exposure.
13) Train establishment personnel in loss prevention activities.
14) Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
15) Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings.
16) Apprehend shoplifters in accordance with guidelines.
17) Conduct employee background investigations and review reports with operational or human resources managers.
18) Coordinate with risk management, human resources, or other departments to assist in company programs, investigations, or training.
19) Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
20) Recommend methods to reduce potential financial fraud losses.
21) Respond to critical incidents, such as catastrophic events, violent weather, or civil disorders.
Retail Business Academy