What You Ought to Know About Category Management
(Now Includes Implementation of Artificial Intelligence in CatMan)
Retail Category Management
Please Note: All registrants will be sent the recording and the slide deck of the session whether they attend or not.
Register at the Bottom of the Page
Retail category management is considered an integral part of best practices in running a successful retail business.
Category Management Highlights: (Higher numbers are achieved when AI tools are deployed)
- Better In-Stock Rates: 2 – 8%
- Lower Inventory Levels: 10 – 40%
- Higher Sales: 5 – 20%
- Lower Logistics Costs: 3 – 4%
Retail Category Management Online Training is useful for all buying staff, including category managers, buyers and visual merchandising teams as well as for Suppliers of Retail.
Here’s what Customers said:
“A Golden way to manage and improve my work as Category Specialist.”
“Very insightful with solid and workable ways to grow and improve your business.”
“Top notch, excellent material and information. Presentations and videos were excellent.”
Category Management Fundamentals:
- 8 Stages of Category Management Process
- Developing a Business Case with High ROI
- Category Growth & Efficiency Drivers
- Utilization of Consumer Decision Trees in Category Development
- Cross Category Analysis
- Integration of Customer Relationship Management with Category Management
- Validation of Hypotheses: Retail-Brand/Consumer-Shopper-Supply Perspectives
- Data Sources
- Construction of Balanced Score Card for the Category
- How to Develop Category Insights in Limited Data Environments
- A Review of Leading Category Management Technologies
Category Strategies & Tactics:
- Maximizing Frequency of Purchase
- Shopper and Consumer Education-Awareness-Persuasion
- Price Optimization to Deliver Maximum Gross Margins
- Assortment Planning for Top Profit
- Effective Space Planning, Shelf Presentation and Use of Planograms
- Winning Promotions to Maximize Sales and Inventory Turns
- Drivers of Store Execution Excellence
- How to Re-build/Adjust Tactics at Store Level after Implementation of the Category Plan
Category Management Best Practices:
- Case Studies from World’s Leading Retailers
- Customizing Categories according to Customer Segmentation
- A Success Framework for Integration of Customer, Product and Functional Strategies
- Improving category performance by clustering
- Next generation category management review process
- Certificate will be issued for the participants.
Introduction to the Use of Artificial Intelligence in Category Management
- Moving from CatMan 2.0 to CatMan 3.0
- Leveraging data insights into better category plans spanning demand and supply
- The ability to anticipate demand using a vast array of consumer insight data sources
- Alignment of assortments with local demographics and shopping patterns, based on this data
- Translation of assortment decisions into executable space plans that optimize both space allocation and optimal facings on store-specific planograms
- Impact of Millennials and Gen Z.
- Utilization of AI tools like Machine Learning and Natural Language processing in CatMan.
And much much more.
|Duration:||6.0 hours (3 hours each day) – LIVE|
|Date:||Wednesday – May 31, 2023 & Friday June 2, 2023 (Total 6 Hours)|
|Time:||Morning Session: 11:00am – 2:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York), (4:00PM – 7:00PM London, UK, 8:00PM – 11:00PM Dubai) Each Day
Evening Session: 8:00 pm – 11:00pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York), (9:00am – 12:00pm Next Day Singapore, 12:00pm – 3:00pm Sydney)
This online training is packed with information on how to use Retail Category Management techniques to boost the inventory efficiency and control while increasing profits and the customer experience quality.
Why You Should Attend:
Practical, applicable and actionable content delivered by top experts to drive your sales, productivity and profitability. Proven to increase those metrics by double digits. Check out the testimonials.
Value: Apart from acquiring complete understanding, participants will enjoy a 30-Day unlimited Q&A through email after the workshop (A $1,000 value by itself)
ROI: Return on investment can be as high as 100 times the registration fee based on your company revenues and how many techniques, ideas and methods from the workshop you implemented.
Positions you as an expert .
Creates a “larger picture” mentality.
Improves your standing as a Retail Management Leader
Six hours that will produce a lifetime of results.
Facilitator – Matt Parmaks
With years of retail and related experience, Matt provides his audience with a wealth of real life examples on the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of best practices in just about every area of retail.
During his retail management career, both in sales and merchandising executive positions, Matt has generated more than $750 Million revenue and has been responsible for sales organizations as large as 1000 salespeople.
Matt has extensive knowledge about the retail industry, gained through formal education, work experience and a keen interest in business and world affairs.
He is the author of numerous books and articles in Retail Performance and Managerial Productivity. Matt received Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Engineering from the University of Birmingham in the UK.
Retail Category Management is considered an integral part of best practices in running a successful retail business.
Retail Category Management
Wednesday – May 31, 2023 & Friday June 2, 2023 (3 Hours Each Day)
(Total 6 Hours)
Please Note: All registrants will be sent the recording and the slide deck of the session.
Registration Fee – $395/person
or order by phone: +1 (813) 556-6437
“The price of education is paid just once. The price of ignorance is paid forever! ” – Anonymous
Some of Our Customers’ Organizations
ABC | ACCENTURE | ACE MART | ADIDAS | ADVENTURE HQ | AL DAWAA | ALMUTLAQ | AML FOODS | ANN FONTAINE | ARAMARK | AVON | BEST BUY | BOSE | BOSTON COLLEGE | BROOKSTONE | BROWN SHOE | CALVIN KLINE | CANADIAN TIRE | CAPGEMINI | CHICO’S | COLE’S | ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY | COLUMBIA | CON AGRA FOODS | COURTS | CRATE & BARREL | CRAYOLA | CVS | DACOSTA MANNINGS | DATAWAVE | DFS GALLERIA | DICKIES | DIGICEL | DISNEY | DOLLAR GENERAL | DOLLAR TREE | DOW JONES | DRESSBARN | DU | DUBAI DUTY FREE | EAGLE LEATHER | ELIE TAHARI | ETISALAT | FERRARI WORLD | FOOD LION | FORZANI GROUP | FOSSIL | FRED MEYER | FRUITS & PASSION | GAP | GENERALELECTRIC | GENWORTH FINANCIAL | GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY | GRACE KENNEDY | HANES BRANDS | HARLEY DAVIDSON | HEINEKEN | HP | HINES | HOME DEPOT | IBM | IKEA | INFOSYS | KASHKA | KELWOOD | KELLOGGS | KENNETHCOLE | KIRKLAND”S HOME | KRAFT | KUNOOZ AL SEHA | LIDS | LIME | LIMITED BRANDS | LIZ CLAIBORNE | L’OREAL | LOWE’S | LUCY | LULULEMON | LVMH | MASSY STORES | MAYTAG | MICHAELS | MIGROS | MOBILY | MOBINIL | NAHDI | NATURE’S WAY | NEW BALANCE | NINE WEST | NORDSTROM | NORTHWESTEL | OAKLEY | ORACLE | PIER1IMPORTS | PRINCETON REVIEW | PUMA | QUICK SILVER | RAGAB SONS | RALPH LAUREN | REEBOK | RING | RITZ CARLTON | ROYALDOULTON | SALT LAKE COLLEGE | SAMSUNG | SAP | SAS | SEARS | SERVIS | SHARAF DG | SIEMENS | SKETCHERS | SONY | STANFORD UNIVERSITY | STAPLES | STARBUCKS | STEVE MADDEN | SUPER CENTRE | SWAROVSKI | SWATCH | TARGET | TATA | TESCO | TIFFANY | TIMBERLAND | TOY’S’R’US | UNICOMER | UNIVERSAL | UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE | UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN | VERIZON | VF | VICTORINOX | VIDEOTRON | WALMART | WHOLE FOODS | WYNN RESORTS | YANKEE CANDLE | YM | ZALE | ZAIN | ZAPPOS