Last month Cisco joined over 14,000 attendees in Dallas for DistribuTECH, the leading annual energy transmission and distribution event for North America. It was wonderful to be back at a live event and connectwith all the colleagues and customers.
Utilities worldwide work with Cisco to modernize and digitize their business to deliver power and services globally. Events such as DistribuTECH illustrate how IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology) convergence is transforming the utility market, requiring a blend of technology and expertise from both organizations to optimize the benefits of digitizing the utility and as a leader in enterprise and industrial networking. Cisco is uniquely positioned to help unite IT and operations for digitization initiatives that improve reliability, reduce operating costs, increase safety and security, and enhance operations. Our participation at DistribuTECH gave us a chance to demonstrate that partnership.
Our meeting space featured new solutions and products that highlighted:
- Cyber-Security capabilities that protect both the network and applications in your Substation and Distribution deployments
- Distribution Automation and Substation solutions that feature our industry-leading ruggedized routing, switching and wireless portfolio
- Software solutions to process data at the edge of the Utility network
- Unified management platform for 5G, Public and Private LTE, FirstNET, mesh, and LoRaWAN
- Wi-SUN compliant and solutions for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Grid Automation.
When positioning utility operations for the digital future, you need a comprehensive and trusted architecture. We were proud to showcase our secure automated communications network that works to improve equipment effectiveness, increase productivity, and reduce downtime from generation, transmission, distribution, and consumption.
For more information about our Utilities solutions visit: cisco.com/go/utilities